Tuesday 20 October 2015

The Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt - Week 2

Week Two kicked off on the 5th of October and these are my two blocks:

Block 14 - Betty
Betty's letter "A Dream Come True" speaks of her love of music and living frugally.  It reminded me of my own journey with quilting; how regular practice has helped me to improve my sewing and develop a great love for it.  My own meager pension makes it impossible to spend much on fabrics.  But I have learnt that you don't have to spend a lot to create something beautiful. 

Block 20 - Caroline
Caroline's letter "When I Behold the Heavens" gives praise to God and his beautiful creations.  It is so easy to view the beauties of nature as "commonplace" or to take the gift of life for granted.  When did you last stop and truly appreciate the wonders all around, or to ponder over the complexities of the human body and its amazing power to heal and grow? Despite our hectic pace of life, it is important to slow down and really appreciate what we have been given, and to give thanks to our God Jehovah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback.