Tuesday 28 October 2014

Meet Gail's Patchwork Emporium - Ballarat

 
The third stop on our Ballarat itinerary was to the famous Gail's Patchwork Emporium.  This was my first visit although both Mum and Jess had been here before. 
 
 
Gail's Patchwork Emporium is one of Australia's oldest quilt stores and is situated in Sebastopol, a suburb of Ballarat, Victoria.  It was established back in 1981 and has won numerous awards for excellent customer service, design and decoration, outstanding contribution to the patchwork and quilting industry and tourism. 
 
Gail's stocks thousands of cotton fabrics; exotic trims; ribbons; patterns (including Judy Niemeyer); hundreds of patchwork/quilting, applique and mixed media books; and a large selection of sewing accessories (including a good range of Clover products).  Amongst her delectable array of fabrics, I noticed that Gail's has a very good selection of delicious batiks. 
 
In the thread department she stocks: Superior Threads, YLI, Valdani, Cosmo (but not their variegated threads) and Cottage Garden Threads. 
 
I think I went "WOW!" when I walked through the front door!  I was told that I would be impressed with this store and I certainly was!  The shop extends way further to the back part of this photo - there are a further 3 rooms full of fabric and other accessories.  What Gail has listed on her website is just a small snippet of what she has in her shop!


I'm so sorry I didn't realise I had taken so few photos inside the store - I was too distracted by all the pretties.  I will DEFINITELY be coming back here. 


A lovely display of Ric Rac toys sits proudly near the front door.  Jodie's patterns can also be purchased from Gail's.

 
 Gail's Patchwork Emporium
131 Yarrowee Street
Sebastopol, Victoria, 3556, Australia
 
Opening Hours:
Mon - Sat 10-5
 
 
Promo:
Gail's Patchwork Emporium have their annual sale with lots of new decorations, fabrics, books and trims that they are renowned for. 
1 - 31 December 2014
20% off all stock.
10am - 5pm Mon to Sat
Groups & Buses Welcome.
 
 
My stash from Gail's - I purchased a charm pack of Bonnie & Camille's new range "Daysail" and some meterage of "Grunge" in Mint by Basic Grey for Moda; some Aubergine/Eggplant coloured fabric for a quilt and Mum bought me a new Clover Seam Ripper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback.